We are an international solution-oriented civil society organization working through nine regional expertise centres in 41 countries. With a 50-year proven track record working with farmers in different commodity value chains, frontrunner in the development of socially responsible, ecologically sound and profitable supply chains. We aspire to transform production practices in such a way that it provides fair and profitable livelihoods and business opportunities, guarantees decent working conditions and a fair living wage, and does not deplete the landscapes where people thrive, now and for generations to come.
We are making use of the advances in information technology to create unique applications for agriculture, increasing the impact of field interventions and facilitating the integration of supply chain actors to foster change and improve sustainability. More than 7000 farmers in Latin America and Africa have been using our solutions to improve their production systems be it growing cocoa, coffee, cotton, flowers, soy, sugarcane or oil palm.
To strengthen the South American Digital Unit based in São Paulo, we are looking for an innovative SOFTWARE ARCHITECT that wishes to learn and grow with our young and passionate team.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing and managing solutions and systems to solve business issues. Based on your understanding of the business' processes, you will define appropriate technological solutions for reported problems or new functionalities, balancing architectural concerns with business rules and stakeholders needs. You will define how solutions will scale and how they will be maintained in the future. You will oversee a small development team with different profiles and will be accountable for the quality and technical integrity of their deliverables, as well as for data security. Based in São Paulo, you will report directly to the Manager of South America Digital Unit and will be part of a dynamic and competent team working in a friendly environment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assess systems architecture currently in place in order to identify areas in need of improvement;
- Troubleshoot and diagnose bugs and problems reported by Business and Product teams;
- Assess and anticipate business impacts of technical choices;
- Coordinate resolution of technical problems as they arise and propose solutions aligned with the organization's product strategy and business rules;
- Plan, manage and monitor performance of tasks by development team, ensuring quality and technical integrity of deliverables;
- Provide supervision and guidance to the development team (internal and outsourced);
- Provide updates to stakeholders on development processes, costs and potential problems;
- Liaise with Business and Product teams throughout the product’s lifecycle;
- Define and document overall design of solutions architecture;
- Generate and control production and update of well-organized and quality technical documentation;
- Optimize use of resources and services of servers, databases and related tools;
- Continually research current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed;
- Contribute to the development of Solidaridad network global digital agenda, in coordination with SDU Manager and Task Force.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field;
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in engineering and software architecture design;
- Minimum 2 years of proven experience with mobile applications;
- Proven experience with data integration and ETL;
- Previous experience with coding in several languages (Python, C#, .NET, Java, etc.);
- Previous experience in relational database (MySQL, Postgres, etc.) and NoSQL database (AWS DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.);
- In-depth understanding of best practices regarding system and data security;
- Strong organizational and leadership skills;
- Communication skills and capacity to explain technical complexity in layman's terms;
- Deep analytical skills;
- Fluency in Portuguese;
- Fluency in English;
- License to work in Brazil;
- Affinity with Solidaridad’s mission and vision.
- Previous project management experience;
- Knowledge in the services offered by leading cloud computing platforms, preferably AWS;
- Fluency in Spanish.